Pounds Lost

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 18, 2013

New Inspiration

Well it's been a crazy few weeks since my last post.  Two vacations, 42 hours of driving, and 9 days of hotels.  Needless to say there's been a major lack of exercise and clean eating lately. Now that we're back I'm slowly remembering how much happier l am in mind, body and spirit when I'm eating more nutritious food than fast food.

I'm noticing a cycle with myself.  Eat great, train hard, lose 10 lbs, reward myself with food... gain 10lbs... I gotta break this cycle, people!  Still figuring this one out, but I'm glad I'm aware of it,

This morning my munchkin and I got to watch my mother-in-law cross the finish line of her first race. She's always been a walker, or at least as long as I've known her, but lately she's been pushing herself more.  It was so invigorating being there.  Like the beginning of "Love, Actually", when they're in the airport and all you see is love.  There was sweat, of course, and tears (a few of them my own), but looking around me I saw and felt an overwhelming amount of love, support, comradery,  and respect.  These were 3,500 people of all shapes and sizes, all stages of life, who came together to celebrate simply *moving*.  Simply being *alive*.  To say I was deeply moved by this is an understatement.  I cried tears of joy as I watched perfect strangers do what their bodies were made to do. Breathe, move, live. 

l left the park with my 2yo in tow feeling renewed, motivated, inspired... ready.  I'm ready.  I have no doubt I was put on this planet to be the best mommy, wife, daughter, sister and friend I can be.  But my body was created to move. 

No comments:

Post a Comment